Useful Link: 15 Steps to get PASS in Anna University Semester Examination
Anna University Register Number Format for Affiliated CollegesBefore you use the trick, you should know something about the Anna University Register Number Format.
The Anna University Register Number for each student is unique. But if you look closer, you can see that some sequence of the Register Number are same. Some notable points are:
- Anna University Register Number is composed of 12 digits.
- First 4 digits represent the College in which student is studying.
- Next 2 digits represent the year of admission of the student in Anna University.
- Next 3 digits represent the course code of the degree programme in which the student is admitted (MECH,CSE,EEE etc.)
- Next 3 digits represent the Student sequence number which varies for regular students, lateral entry and transferred students.
- here 1000 represent the college code which you can find in the below step 1.
- here 15 represent the academic year (2015 in this sample) in which the student is admitted.
- here 114 represent the department/branch code (114 for MECH) which you can find in below step 2.
- here 087 represent the Student's Unique number, which you can guess easily by trial and error which is explained more clearly in step 3.
Step 1: Finding the College Code of Student
Step 2: Anna University Department/Branch Code
Step 3: Anna University Unique Student Number
- For regular student, the last 3 digits starts from 001 to 1** sorted by Alphabetical Order (A to Z)
- For lateral entry Student, the last 3 digits ranges from 301 to 3** sorted by Alphabetical Order.
- For transferred Students, the last 3 digit ranges from 701 to 7** sorted by Alphabetical Order.